Tuesday, November 13, 2007

How Jason and I got together and beyond...

When Wes was gettin' married, Rachel told me about a friend of Court's that was living in Provo. She said "you guys don't have to date or anything, you could be friends? He needs some friends." I said "Sure." Within minutes she called me back and told me that she gave my number to him and he would call me. (Later I found out that he didn't want to call and leave a message so he had her call me to make sure that I would pick up.) He called me right after I got done talking to Rachel. We proceeded to talk for 30 minutes and I told him that the next time I was up in Provo I would give him a call. At the time I was working at a resort near Zion National Park. I was a Wrangler which meant I took care of the horses and took people on trail rides.















A month after Jason and I talked on the phone I told him that I was going to come up. He planned a date and told me where to meet him. I, of course, looking as glamorous as possible walked into the only Sushi restaurant in Provo waiting to meet Jason for the first time. When he walked through the door I could instantly tell that he was from California, He wore cargo shorts, flip flops, sunglasses and the coolest shirt of a couple having a picnic under a tree next to a Vespa. We proceeded to eat our sushi and talk about ourselves. I can't really remember what we talked about but I do remember laughing a lot.















When the feast was over he invited me to his apartment. When I was driving over there I mediately called up my friend David and told him how cute Jason was and how much fun we had. Later I found out that at that same time Jason had called Rachel and said " I can't believe you hooked me up with such a beautiful, funny and intelligent girl. Thank you!" After dropping off my car at his apartment we drove up to Sundance and rode the ski lift to the top of the mountain. We hiked around for a bit and then rode back down for some tasty beverages from the general store. We walked around and talked and we even stuck our feet in the creek. We then went back to his apartment.



We then watched a movie and then went for a walk along the Provo river. While walking and talking he hastily and nervously grabbed my hand. I was a bit shocked at first but let him hold my hand anyway until our palms got too sweaty from being so nervous. We walked for quite some time talking about ourselves, I'm sure, and then we walked back to his apartment. We then watched another movie and at the end of the movie we kissed for the first time. I realize that this was a first date but I was a free spirit at the time. We hung out the next day and went out to eat and talked some more. I had a lot of fun and was sad to have to go back to work which was a 4 hour drive south from Provo.

After that wonderful weekend we proceeded to drive to and fro from Provo and Zion. The pictures I will post are of our many adventures during that time. When school started back up, I moved back to Provo and we proceeded to go out and eat A LOT, Hike, go on lots of bike rides up Provo canyon, watch cartoon network, mess with his tropical fish, etc... (We have gone through a lot of tanks and fish). One time we met half way in Beaver and had a picnic in the park and bought squeaky cheese from the cheese factory. We took a nap in the afternoon sun on the grass and watched the trees wave in the breeze. We later drove to an Indian Silver Shop and browsed. We both saw the Navajo wedding bands that are turquoise and silver. Ones just like my Dad has. We bought one for each of use and Jason hinted at a possible wedding in the future. I told him to hid the rings from me because the thought of that made me a bit emotional, in a good way. We had lots of adventures in Zion, Bryce, Cascade Falls, up the California coast, and various Wasatch trails.



On September 8, 2006 when we were in San Diego for Tyson and Stacy's wedding Jason asked my Dad for permission to marry me. I think that my Dad was more nervous then Jason was. Right after he asked and got Dad's permission, he drove me out to the Oceanside Beach by the Pier. As we walked along the shore he knelt down on one knee. I was smiling and laughing and crying all at once. He put that beautiful ring on my finger and hugged me and spun me around and kissed me. He was very happy too. We then walk along the pier and all the way to Ruby's Dinner, unfortunately they were closed but we walked and watched the night surfers and fishermen. It was very peaceful.




We were engaged for about 9 months. On April 28, 2007 we were married in the Aspen forest by a beautiful cabin in Timberlakes Utah. It was so beautiful. My Mom planned that wedding in two months and did it masterfully. It was more then I ever dreamed. The ceremony, cake, food, and my dress kicked ass. There were small patches of snow everywhere and it looked beautiful. We had our wedding night at a really cute vintage Scandinavian bed and breakfast. We got the old world room which came with chocolate covered strawberries, Sparkling Cider, and a little bunny stuffed animal. It had an awesome two person bath tube and a steam room. We got waffles with strawberries and whip cream for breakfast. We had lots of fun.
So, now I am a married woman even though legally my last name is still Maughan. I am having issues changing it. I am too proud to change it. Only in church matters am I Sister Williams. Mom said I didn't have to change it, so if she says its O.K. then it is.






No comments: