Hey everyone!! I am sure you have heard but I am now an employee for the California State Parks Marina State Beach Natural Resource Management!! I plant native species and kill invasive species on the beach and sand dunes. When Fort Ord was owned by the government they planted a bunch of Ice Plant to stabilize the dunes. The bad thing is that the Ice plant overtakes the native species. We plant 2 types of buckwheat that an endangered butterfly has its whole life cycle on. Cool Huh?!
Here is some Northern Buckwheat that I planted.
This is one of the areas that we were planting in and those are own state park trucks with all the plants and tools and my lunch.
Speaking of lunch, let me lead you to where I ate lunch that day.
Almost there!
TA DA!!!
I was standing on a cliff when I took this picture and then ate my lunch. I felt like I was in one of Dad's paintings. By the way Dad, I am not the best photographer but if you want to paint any of the pictures I take, you are more then welcome.
While I was eating lunch and enjoying the view I saw a seal playing in the waves. It was so cute and relaxed. This is a part of the beach that the public doesn't or at least isn't allowed to access.
The work is hard but looking at this everyday is soooo worth it.
My Last note is that everyone has to go to Stacy's blog and vote that they need to move to Salt Lake. You need to because mama and papa are there and whenever there is a holiday you wont miss out on anything. I miss everybody already. I miss having chats with Em and watching her cook and watching little Willem, He is so cute. I love the picture of him on Wes and Nicole's blog. The one where papa is holding him. He looks so cool.
Also, Why hasn't anyone added my blog to there friends and family list. Do it I said!! Oh yeah, and BRIT you need to update your blog, what's happening?
2 comments:
Hey those pics are beautiful, I'm jealous!! Keep it up We LOVE the beach and miss it terribly. Just like we miss you!! I'll take some pics of Kari so you can see where she lives now. Mammajamma
So you are now added to our blog. I just found out yesterday that you had one, so i checked it out and added asap :). What a great job you have! im so jealous..well i would be if i wanted to work..haha. Miss ya too megs, hope to see ya soon!
Post a Comment