Tuesday: I had the interview with the Holiday Inn Express. It was quite a contrast from the almost 2 hour long interview at target. It was about 3 minutes long. She asked me for my availability, when I could start. That was about it. She then said that she would call me later that day and let me know since she had a few more interviews. The interview was at 10am. She called at 3pm and asked if I could come in tomorrow for orientation? Heck yes I can!!! So I finally got a job!! Although it is part time and the Night Audit shift, I don't care at this point.
Wednesday - Saturday: First day of training. Everyone is really nice and it is really easy. It is nice to already know how to do it.
Sunday: This night was my first night by myself. Thankfully it went smoothly. I forgot how hard it is on your body to stay up all night. Sundays are crazy too because I get off at 7am and rush home, change and get to church by 9am. I started snoring in sacrament meeting. It was really hard to stay awake. It reminded me a Dad always falling asleep. He would start snoring and then I would nudge him. I miss my Papa. The breakfast at the Holiday Inn Express is awesome. I don't know what they put in the scrabbled eggs but they are addicting and delicious. There is also bacon and biscuits and gravy. Unfortunately I am usually to busy to eat any. The smell is toucher, delicious toucher.
Monday - Tuesday: I slept all day. I don't even remember what happened. I did't realize how much your body hurts from standing on your feet for eight hours. This is not the most flattering picture but while I was out cold Chris thought this would be a comfy place to sleep. He likes sleeping with me during the day.

Wednesday: Jason really wanted to go on a hike so I went. It was beautiful and sunny. Jason of course found more rattle snakes and a gofer snake. We were only out for about an hour and a half but I already have a tan line from my Lulu top. I forgot how easily I tan. Good thing I put sun screen on my face. I hate getting a tan line on my face from my glasses. It was so pretty. I wish the ocean was warm enough to swim in. I can't wait till summer. I am going to be out their as much as I can.
It was Ralph's birthday today and I helped Sylvia make a german chocolate cake. It was gooooooood. Over the weekend Ralph went fishing with his grandson Christian for Humboldt Squid. He caught two of them so we have been eating a lot of squid. Just the idea of Ralph cleaning and preparing the squid in the kitchen is grossing me out. I do wish I could have seen them but I was working that night and he got back around 1am. I found this picture online so you can get an idea of what we are eating.

Thursday: I had a meeting at work. All of the girls are so nice. Its like having a party instead of a meeting. We had to answer questions and whoever did it first got a candy. It was fun. It is weird being the new girl and knowing more then they do. I hope i don't come off pompous or anything. One of my co workers looks like Kate from "LOST" she is really pretty.
Friday: I have to go to work tonight. Doing laundry as well. I am looking forward to going out for dinner tonight with the fam. I wonder where we are going. Hurray for no more squid (for the time being anyway, the freezer is full of it).


1 comment:
Congratulations on the new job! We miss you Meagan! It was fun reading through all of your recent posts. Umm... and can I just say that those brownies look so delicious!! Ben is anti-box brownies, I haven't had any made from scratch that very good. Sooo.... well, without beating around the bush too much, would you email me the recipe some time. Your Moms recipes are the best!! We've swiped a few already from Matt and Emily. YUM!
loricool@hotmail.com
Thanks!!
Post a Comment