Sunday, January 17, 2010

Day 6: Stake Conference

Today we had stake conference and it was amazing. We had some really good speakers. They talked about 3 goals or new years resolutions. First was to get a temple recommend but I am going to change that to getting sealed in the temple to Jason. The next was to live what you believe. I am definitely going to try my best at that. Jason and I decided to try and read our scriptures everyday and also pray together everyday. The last was to leave a legacy of faith. I think that was more for parents but it doesn't hurt to try. Brother Holland talked about forgiving our selves first and then forgive others. It was really nice. We also had Brother Uckdorff (sp?) speak. I love listening to him speak. It was really cute, he said his wife told him that he shouldn't worry about his accent because the californians are used to it with their governor. Everybody laughed at that. I wish there was stake conference more often. I hope you all had good ones to.

I am really happy right now even though it has been hard not having a job. I am really grateful that we have family that can help us out and take care of us. I am glad that I am getting this time to get to know my mother in law. We are become friends. We laugh about all the things Jason does that is like his dad. Anyway, it is late. Have a good night and a good week.

1 comment:

Grammie Sue said...

This is great Megs. Keep up the good work. Everyday should be wonderful. We are all so blessed to have a place to sleep and a roof over our heads. I am so proud of you and Jason. We love you very much.